Our lettings team pride themselves on being different in that we truly do care about finding the right tenants for your property. Our team will help you every step of the way to letting your property, aiming not only to have your property let as swiftly as possible, but to the best possible tenant, working to your requirements in what you want. We only put forward tenants to you that match your requirements and can arrange for you to meet them beforehand so that you have every confidence that your property is in the best hands and allow you to sleep easy knowing so.
Here is just some of the things we do when letting out your property, please check management and rent protection to see what additional protection and services we can offer to ensure we protect you and your investment.
- We will arrange a time to vist the property to take professional photos and prepare a hand crafted description. We can also arrange for a floorplan to be done.
- We will then list your property on all major portals (Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation and On The Market) giving your property plenty of exposure, offering more exposure then most agencies by your property being listing on all four of the major property portals. We will also be listing your property on our website and mailing out your property details to hundreds of registered applicants.
- We will also need to ensure all certificates are in place. EPC, Electric Certificate, and Gas Cert (where applicable) will be required. The earlier done the better, as if problems are found we will have more time to rectify these.
- We give you access to your very own property portal, to track all your viewings, feedback and let of your property. Thereafter you will be able to track the management of the property (rent statements, inspections and more).
- We will then send down all pre vetted applicants that meet the criteria for your property. Viewings will be arranged direct with you in connenction with your availability and conveinence. If we are given a set of keys, it will ensure we can do as many viewings as necessary in short notice, to ensure no time is wasted in letting your property.
- Once applicants are found, we can arrange a meeting for you in our office, to select who your preference is for and also ask important questions you would like to assess.
- Once chosen, we will then submit the applicants details for full referencing (we check credit history, right to rent check, employment and previous rental history where applicable).
- Once references have passed and the applicants qualify for the rent protection (subject to a £300 annual charge), which will cover £50,000 worth of rent arrears and legal fees, we can start the sign up process. Please make the team aware if you would want rent protection, we at Cottage fields would always recommend this.
- We will ask for the property to be checked and confirmed it is up to standard. We will need the property cleaned, appliances checked to see if working, heaters checked to see if working, smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm (where applicable) installed if they are present. To ensure that the tenant does not encounter problems upon moving in, teething problems are common. However if we address as many issues before the tenant moves in, it will ensure a happier tenant and more longevity to your let.
- We will then arrange an inventory to be carried out. This will help if a claim on the deposit is ever needed. Without one this will be extremely difficult to claim from.
- Arrange check in and signing of tenancy agreement, deposit prescribed terms. They will also be given a how to rent guide and all certificates relevant to the property.
- You will then be sent all relevant documents relating to the sign up. We aim to do this within 24 hours of the sign up.